Are you looking for how to Free up space on Apple Watch? Read to know more. Apple watches are no doubt a fashion statement as well as you can look even cooler. Nowadays, most of the youngsters are having Apple watches. However, these watches are not similar to iPads, iPhones or other Apple devices.
These have a lower storage depending on the model. You will not be able to store several things for a longer period. You need to manage the storage properly or else it will run out of space.
If you are using an Apple watch, then you might be concerned about the storage space. When the data limit gets over, you will need to free up space on the Apple watch. Here is all you need to know about managing the storage of your watch.
Check The Storage Of Apple Watch
Nowadays, the Apple iPhones are coming with a maximum storage of 512 GB but the Apple watches do not offer such a large storage space. The latest models have a space of 32 GB when compared to the older models offering a storage space of 8GB only.
The maximum storage of the watch is taken up by the music and photos which is ultimately used for offline purposes. To know what is taking up the maximum of your storage space, you will need to check the usage. Here is how can you check it:
- Firstly, open the Apple watch application on your iPhone.
- Then, choose the ‘general’ option and after that opt for the usage option.
- Wait for some seconds until the list is not shown. This list will show the total storage space, used storage and available storage. You can also get to know what apps or data is taking the most of your space.
Free Up Space On Your Apple Watch
Now when you know about the details of storage space of your Apple watch, you will need to clear the extra data in order to prevent the watch from running low on storage space. It’s time to remove apps, songs and photos. Here is how:
It is common to use the Apple watch for listening to music and it is pretty obvious that the watch will be confined with your favourite songs. This allows you to enjoy your favourite music even if your iPhone is not around. However, this can ultimately lead you to low storage space. You will need to remove all the unnecessary music from the Apple watch. Follow the mentioned below steps to do so.
- Launch the application of My Watch on the iPhone which is paired to your watch.
- Now, click on music and switch the toggle of recent music off.
- Next, go to the delete option and start removing all the songs that you do not want to keep.
Photos can also take a lot of storage on your Apple watch. To save the storage you will need to resync the images that have to be saved in your watch. Resyncing does not allow adding extra photos above the limit that you have set for the images. Here are the steps to resync the pictures:
- Firstly, go to the section of My Watch on the iPhone paired with the watch.
- Now, click on the Photos option. Here you need to customise two settings that are photos limit and synced album.
- You can set an album which has less number of photos as the synced album. Also, set the minimum photos limit so that photos won’t take extra storage.
If you are fond of listening to podcasts, then you can enjoy them even on the Apple watch. However, if you are storing the podcasts on your watch then it could be really troublesome for you. Keeping unplayed podcasts can fill the storage space. To avoid this situation, remove such podcasts. Here is how you can do it.
- Foremost go to the My Watch app and then to the option of Podcasts.
- Here, you will be getting two options: ‘custom’ and ‘toggle off’.
- If you don’t want to keep any of the unplayed podcasts then simply toggle off and all the saved and unsaved podcasts will be removed from the watch. It is important to know that played podcasts get automatically deleted.
Unnecessary applications can take a lot of space on your Apple watch. To free up the space, remove all the apps that you don’t use frequently. You can delete the applications directly from the watch and also from the iPhone. Here are mentioned both the ways:
- From iPhone: Launch the application on your iPhone and then get to the My Watch option. Keep scrolling until you reach the option of installing it on the Apple watch. Remove all the unwanted apps and also switch the toggle off so that it won’t get shown on the Apple watch.
- From Apple Watch: To delete the apps from your apple watch directly, you will need to click on the option of Digital Crown. Once you click on it, a list of apps will open. From the list, you can delete the applications that are no longer in use or requirement. This can be done by pressing the X icon available.
If you also use your Apple watch to read audiobooks then you will need to remove them to save your storage space. The audiobooks can be removed through simple steps that are mentioned here:
- Foremost, launch the watch app and search for audiobooks.
- Now, in the audiobook you will see two options. You need to disable the options of want to read and reading now. Once disabled no data will be stored on your watch.
Remove Health Data
It is possible that your apple watch is storing the data related to your health, fitness or other physical activities by default. This data is deleted after a certain time but you can also remove the data completely as well as immediately. However, deleting the older data can become an issue for tracking the newer data. If it is really necessary to clear health data for saving the storage, then here are the steps to do so.
- Head to the health app on your device and go to the summary option.
- Open the devices option by tapping on to your profile.
- Now, search for the name of your Apple watch among the list of all available devices.
- At last, select the option of removing all data from the Apple watch and the entire data will be deleted.
Unpair The Apple Watch
Even after opting for all these methods you are still low on storage, then you consider unpairing your apple watch. This will help to make some storage on your Apple watch. Follow the mentioned steps:
- Firstly, go to the apple watch app and opt for all watches options.
- Then, click on the info icon and select unpair the Apple watch. Your watch will get unpaired.
- Now, again pair the Apple watch with a similar or another device.
If the storage space of your apple watch is literally low, then the main reason behind this can be your songs and photos. Firstly remove them and then head towards any other data. Do follow the above mentioned methods to free up space on the Apple watch.
The best option to avoid this is to prevent any unwanted data from getting stored for a longer time. Remove the apps, songs, audiobooks, etc. immediately when you don’t need them.